Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Flowers

Happy Wedding Wednesday!

From the beginning I knew that flowers were something that I didn't want to spend a ton of money on. I was a MOH last summer and at the end of the night we were taking jars and jars of flowers and just throwing the in the garbage and I couldn't handle that we were throwing away hundreds of dollars. Since then, I didn't really think about what I wanted for my wedding because I knew that I didn't want them for centerpieces. Now I'm looking at bouquets and finding that i am still going to be spending hundreds!

I am planning on having my brother lay rose petals on the aisle like this. Even if we don't get crazy and just do it down the sides, I think it's the perfect touch since my venue has pretty grass where the ceremony will be. 

OBSESSED. 

This is pretty too. 

I like the idea of the bridesmaids bouquets being similar to mine but just smaller or maybe lacking any of the most expensive flowers in mine. 

I am going to get corsages and boutonnieres from Costco I think, because they had a super good deal. Unless I find a florist that can make an awesome deal. 

Was anyone else surprised by how much flowers costs? Am I just being cheap that I think $100 for my bouquet and $65 for my bridesmaids is a lot? 

Linking up! 
BorrowedHeaven


6 comments:

  1. Flowers are so expensive! I couldn't believe it, but I also knew that I wanted them too badly to let them go! In Columbus we have an awesome place called The Flowerman; I payed wholesale for my flowers, and did them all myself but they provided a warehouse with storage overnight before the day and guidance on how to put them all together. I saved thousands doing it this way, and I felt so much more connected and proud of them! I dried my bouquet and still have it today! No matter what, they will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Flowers are so pricey! And their delivery fee! Oh my! Haha my boquet is 165! What!? Ahhh! I'm passed it and moving on! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work part-time for a "high-end" florist in Baltimore and the first wedding I worked for them (4 years ago) was a $13,000 flower budget...I almost fainted! Like you said, at the end of the night you are literally throwing away money. It's fun for me because the week after a wedding my house if full of the flowers I didn't have the heart to throw out, but it's still so sad to think about. The average for a bouquet here is about $250, so you are getting a great deal. In the end it is crazy how much they cost though. I promise it will be worth it, and you will get amazing photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rose petal aisle runner is going to be gorgeous!!! Flowers definitely are so crazy expensive. We ended up doing a bunch of flowers, but made sure to give them all away throughout the course of the reception so that people could enjoy them at their homes. We also kept a few for our brunch the next day, and it tied everything together so nicely. We had a very similar vision to what you are thinking with regard to bridesmaid bouquets. Mine was mostly white with a little purple and my bridesmaids were mostly purple and orange. To tie everything together, my MOH had a mix of purple and white to set hers off. It looked really nice, and because she had the same dress as the rest of the bridesmaids, I thought it gave her something to distinguish her as the MOH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't believe how pricey flowers were! I LOVED mine though. I had NO idea at all what I wanted and I told the florist she could do whatever she wanted and they turned out just great. Worth it! And I love those petals down the aisle! What a neat touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the flowers were crazy high prices as well, but it seems like everything for a wedding is. We ended up getting a pretty good deal I thought, but I agree with Macy the photographs will be worth it. Plus we're the bridesmaids bouquets as part of the decor for the sweetheart table.

    ReplyDelete