Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Music

We are getting closer to our wedding and one area that we are struggling in which I didn't expect was picking music. C and I are both music people, we met in marching band after all. He is very opinionated and I have been dreaming of our wedding for far too long to not have any opinions. Let's start with some of the things I have figured out. 

Processional
C and I watched Shrek probably 100 times during our first years together in college. I think it's fitting that this song is in one of the movies and I like how it sounds. I think we might do the instrumental version because some of the lyrics are a little weird. 


Walking down the aisle
I am going to be traditional and use Canon in D. I just love it, I tear up when I hear it. I think I found this version from another blogger (thank you!) and it's so beautiful. 

Father Daughter Dance 
I am going to ask my dad for his opinion but I am pretty sure that we are going to dance to Tim McGraw. We have seen him in concert together and this song is just so good. 

First Dance
This is where we are struggling. I can't even decide what my favorite is, but I am really loving Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud even though I know it's going to be the wedding song of the year. It's just so beautiful. I also like Train's Marry Me but my fiance doesn't love it as much. 

Anyone have some good first dance suggestions? 

Linking up! 
BorrowedHeaven

___________________________________________________________________________
 Check out my other Wedding Wednesday posts:

8 comments:

  1. I chose traditional music for walking down the aisle, so I especially love that choice! For our first dance, we did Billy Joel's Times To Remember, but lately I've also been loving Sara Bareilles's I Choose You for weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love this post! My husband coordinated a majority of our music, actually! Our first dance is seriously a favorite of mine, and I've never heard it at a wedding: Nat King Cole's When I Grow Too Old to Dream. Good luck with your choices!
    Joining from the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha just like you said we are going with Thinking Out Loud as our first dance. I get goosebumps every time I hear it, and my fiance loves it as well. I love my little girl for the father/daughter dance, we haven't decided on one yet-ah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are beautiful and I especially love the hallelujah song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music was tough for me, too. Fortunately, we had a song picked out for our first dance before we were even engaged (Rascal Flatt's God Bless the Broken Road). But I really struggled with a fitting father/daughter dance. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say go with Thinking Out Loud if that's the one that you love!

    We used George Strait's I Cross My Heart for our first dance. We had it picked out long before we got engaged and it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know picking music is hard! I had everything all set and then I ended up changing my mind about our ceremony music the night before the wedding. We had to get in touch with the DJ the night before and morning of. That wasn't fun, so make sure you like what you pick haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great song ideas! I'm not sure what we're doing for the processional or recessional yet..but I like the idea of canon in d. For the bridal walk I'm walking to a version of Marry Me by Train (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIPuR8Tg9vg). My fiance really like the Thinking Out Loud song too..no shame in it being the wedding song of the year; it just means its a good choice! The father daughter song we're dancing to is by Blake Shelton, I loved her first. I love Blake Shelton, and knew this song would be perfect..but I really like the Tim McGraw song you have above.

    ReplyDelete