Thursday, August 14, 2014

Rainy Retreat

I spent the past two days leading a retreat for our FFA chapter officers. FFA is a national student leadership organization that I am an advisor of and we have 6 officers who lead the chapter. The officers get to pick where they want to go for the retreat and while we are there we work on planning the upcoming year, goal setting, and they have the chance to bond as a team and have a little fun.

First things first, I'm not a camping kinda girl. I'd much prefer being in a hotel, enjoying a day on the beach, or sitting in the sun. The weather was a little sketchy and we ended up being covered in mud, soaking wet, and huddling under tarps most of the trip. Here is a look at the campsite, notice the high amount of tents for only 8 people. The girls had a 'sleeping tent' and a 'changing tent' ...they didn't even sleep in the 'sleeping tent' since it was raining so they slept in the suburban, maybe they aren't campers either.



Our entertainment for most of the time there was playing cards, our favorite game was spoons. The kids even decorated their spoons because they were that bored.



We had the craziest thunderstorm I've ever experienced and I was a little scared for my life. The thunder didn't just boom, it was rolling thunder that lasted quite a while. Not to mention lightning strikes that completely lit up the sky, and this went on for about three hours throughout the night.

Needless to say, I'm happy to be home, warm, showered, and dry. It's going to be a lazy day on the couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment