Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekending: Roadtrip!

We spent this weekend visiting my fiance's family on the other side of the state from us. He was lucky to be able to get off work early and we headed to his hometown. The drive is about four hours long, he alternated between sleeping && drumming while I rocked out to Taylor Swift.

When we arrived we met two of his friends at the fair where we promptly ate some delicious fair food. We went and looked at the FFA animals and then headed to the rodeo! It was my first rodeo and I loved it! I just finished reading Nicholas Sparks' latest book which was about a bull rider...that makes me an expert on rodeos right? I didn't know what was going on half of the time but now I really want to go to another one!


We spent most of Saturday hanging out at C's house with his family. He watched a lot of football and I watched the National Championships for gymnastics. It's one of my favorite sports to watch and since they only compete like 3 times a year it's a special occasion for me. We went out to dinner at his favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse. Their rolls are the best with the most delicious cinnamon butter, yum! I always fill up on them and never can eat my dinner. 



On Sunday we spent the morning with his family then headed home around noon. We hit a ton of traffic on the way which was frustrating but eventually we made it. My car was having troubles starting all weekend so I had to take it to get looked at. Thankfully Sears Auto was open until five and we snuck in right before it closed. They replaced the connector on my battery and got it running perfectly in the half hour before they closed and it only cost me $15! I was thinking it would be hundreds and they would have to keep it overnight and I'd have to scramble for a ride to work Monday morning. So thankful! 

We celebrated the car victory with dinner at Pita Pit because we all know I'm not going to cook after being gone all weekend and then driving for five hours. 

SO GOOD.

Work officially starts for me tomorrow. Convocation in the morning with all of the teachers in my district and then building meetings all day Let the fun, begin! 
Weekending

1 comment:

  1. YUM! that pita looks ahhhmazing! xo jillian - stop by I'm hosting a great giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete