Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wedding Wednesday - The Engagement

I love the story of our engagement and while it's still so fresh in my mind I want to share it so that I have it documented again and will never forget it.

I'll start by saying, I kinda knew it was coming. C had let a few things slip and was acting a little off, so I knew that it was going to happen that week but I didn't know how and I didn't know exactly when. It all started around 6pm on a Tuesday evening, so random, with a text telling me to go look in my backseat.

Sitting there was clue number 1, filling me in on what was going on and telling me that I need to head to our church, a place very important to both of us, to find my next clue. I was at my best friend's house, I gave her a big hug and laughed because I knew she knew what was happening...and off I went.

Found it! 

Next I was headed to my apartment so that I could 'get cute', how thoughtful. :) 


You can believe that I got ready just about as fast as possible and I was headed to my next location. He sent me to school because he knows it is so important to me and 'the kids will be so excited to hear that you are engaged.' Almost every day last year my kids would ask if I got engaged and then I'd say no and they were all disappointed it didn't happen before the end of the year. They're gonna be so excited when they find out. 



This clue finally sent me to meet him, out at the waterfront. We had gone there for a couple dates and it's so picture perfect. It's also like a 25 minute drive and the whole time I'm just trying to not freak out. I was bursting with excitement! When I got there I found him sitting and he made me sit and talk with him for a little bit, I could tell he was really nervous! It was so cute.


Then finally I was like...do you have something to ask me? && he did. 


I say YES! We stand there and hug, enjoy the moment, then my best friend (who's house I was at when this all started) comes out from behind the bushes...she had been following me the entire time and I didn't even notice. Priceless! He was so sweet to have included her on this adventure. 


I can't believe this was almost a month ago, it feels like just yesterday. Absolute perfection && now I get to marry the man of my dreams. <3 


Linking up below

Wedding Wednesday


4 comments:

  1. Awwww that is SO sweet!! What a thoughtful proposal-- bonus points for having a photographer!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a sweet and thoughtful proposal! How wonderful of your friend to follow you and take pictures! This is really special, thanks for sharing!! Happy Engagement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great story!!!! Enjoy this next season :) :) Wedding planning is the most fun and most stressful and the very best time ever!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet story. I love that he allowed you time to "get cute".

    ReplyDelete