Wednesday, May 15, 2013

His Plan.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

How do you know that you are following the plans of the Lord? Recently I have received some news that had been the answer to my prayers. I was overjoyed and full of happiness, thanking God immensely for what he had done in my life. Shortly thereafter, I realized that there were some complications to this news and it wouldn't be as easy and full of joy as I thought.

Initially, I cried. I wondered, why is this so hard, how come I am forced to make this decision? That night happened to be the night for my small group bible study. As we were reading we came across the story of Jereboam and how the Lord told him exactly what to do, and he did the opposite. We started talking about our lives and if we are following the plan that God has laid out for us. It made me stop and think, I know that God has made this happen for a reason and now I need to trust in the rest of his plan. I can't be thankful for one part but then weeping about not knowing the rest. God is all knowing and I need to trust in that and believe that he will make the future fall into place. I am turning my heart to the Lord and really going to pray hard this week. I'm praying for clarity, patience, and an open heart to accept what he has waiting or me. 


What are you praying for this week? 





1 comment:

  1. Just found your sweet blog! I love hearing your big love for God in your post! It's very encouraging. The part where you said that you can't be thankful for one part but then weeping about not knowing the rest. So true! But so hard to do. Thankful for a God who knows ALL my weaknesses and still loves me! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete