Thursday, May 2, 2013

Where do I go?

I mentioned in my intro that I am currently working as a substitute teacher. While this is really easy and simple, I find that it isn't very rewarding. I really miss being in the same classroom every day and having those relationships with my students. I had the best student teaching experience and I miss it a lot. I see some of the kids when I'm subbing but obviously it's not the same.

As I begin this job hunt I have been praying a lot for God to give me direction in my search. I am torn between wanting to stay at home and find a job that is close and local or moving about four hours away to where my boyfriend lives. Obviously I want to be closer to my boyfriend but I also feel like I have some very promising opportunities over here. He recently started a new job that he loves and so I feel bad asking him to leave that. It is quite the dilemma. I know that there are jobs that won't come available for a couple more weeks so I need to be patient but that it not one of my strong suits. I keep reminding myself that having faith means also having faith in God's timing and that is what I'm holding on to at the moment.

If I had a dollar for how many times people asked, 'hows the job hunt?' I think I would be rich and I could just give up the hunt. It is the topic of conversation everywhere I go. Talk about pressure...

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment