Sunday, May 19, 2013

Waiting for Sunday.

When I was in college, Sunday used to be the day of the week that we all dreaded. Sure, it meant that we could sit in sweats, watch tv, and not leave the couch all day, but it also meant homework and the impeding doom of Monday. Now I find myself looking forward to Sundays more than almost any other day of the week (Friday's are still tough to beat :P) because I know how much going to church will fill my heart and spirit.

I love my church. I've been to a couple different ones and I feel completely at home and accepted in this one. The people are great and I just joined a small group which is making the experience even better. Sunday mornings are my favorite because I love singing with a room full of people, praising God, and lifting up his name. I sing those songs in the car by myself all the time, but it feels so powerful when there are hundreds of other voices alongside mine. It makes me feel so good. I love when our pastor gets up to speak and God allows his message to speak to me. There are so many days when the message fits exactly what is happening in my life and it makes me feel so much better when I leave knowing exactly what I need to do. God hears my problems, He hears me calling, and sometimes this is His way of giving me answers. It is powerful. God is good.


Time to go straighten my hair and make some breakfast.
What do you love about your church?

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment