Thursday, May 30, 2013

Jeremiah 2:32

"Does a young woman forget her jewelry, a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me, days without number."

Today in my reading I came across this passage and it really spoke to me. As a young woman I had the thought, jewelry is important! The analogy spoke to me and made me realize how many days have passed that I have forgotten about God. 


In my bible there was a devotional about this verse and it talked about using the morning to praise God and thank him for all that he has done for me. I found this interesting since when my alarm appears on my phone it says 'Thank God for today.' I try to start my day centered on God and maintain that as much as possible throughout the day. Instead of trying to take specific time to pray I also say little prayers all throughout the day. For example, today in the lunch room there was a teacher talking about her husband with leukemia. It was impossible for me to simply listen but instead I instantly prayed for her and her husband. I find that if I take a minute to thank God for my blessings in the moment I am so much more aware of Him all around me. 


I love that my faith is growing. I know I still have a long way to go but it makes me feel so much fuller. I am also thankful for the people in my life who I have to talk about my faith with. Those relationships are growing and pushing me to grow as a person. God is great. 

1 comment: