Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: DIY Bachelorette Party Tutu

A few weeks ago I was talking about my bachelorette party and one of my inspirations was this:



I really wanted to wear tutus! This weekend JoAnn's was having a sale so I decided to go and buy some tulle to try and make my first tutu. I did some research online and then just kind of made it up as I went. I came home with 8 yards of tulle and some satin ribbon.


I cut it into a yard and then cut that into strips that were about 6 inches wide. I took the strips and looped them over the ribbon. It was a lot easier than I expected. 

 After they are all tied this is the final result! I love the idea of using ribbon because then you get a cute little bow and you don't have to be as perfect with the size as you would have to be if you were using elastic. 

It is longer than I want it but some of my bridesmaids asked for them to be longer. Sorry for the bad picture but I don't have a full length mirror and I wasn't planning on posting it online...but here it is! 

I can't wait to wear them all dressed up in July! 

Linking up for Wedding Wednesday! 

Showered With Design
BorrowedHeaven


 Check out my other Wedding Wednesday posts:

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable!! I found a few pictures on Pinterest and told my bridesmaids to remember tutus while they are planning my party, I might share this with them as well :)

    thanks for linking-up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is seriously such a fantastic idea!! I just love how it turned out! Can't wait to see your photos this summer. Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I am very excited to see photos later this year!
    Beardy Heart Beauty

    ReplyDelete